Saturday, April 13, 2013

GRANDMA PASSED AWAY

I heard my grandma passed away, so I headed back to Utah.
I will miss her. She was a beautiful lady full of grace and courage.
Her life inspires me to be a better wife, mother, and homemaker.
 
I love her home. It was one of the many safe places I loved during my teenage and young adult years.
(They lived less than a block away from my parents.)
Unconditional love always embraced you, when you walked through the doors of this home. 
I will always remember my grandparents coming to the door and putting their arms around me with large smiles.
Grandpa past away nine months ago and grandma wanted to be with him so badly.
She would say, "I just want to die."
They were soul mates and loved to be together.
It was hard for her to be without him.
 
But, it will be harder still for all of us to be without them.
I love them. I will miss them, so much.
Their home will be sold, which makes us all sad.
 
I just had to take a few pictures.
Grandma always kept her home neat and clean.
Everything always had a place.
It was free from any clutter or excesses.
It was filled with simple treasures collected over a life time.
Each room was modestly decorated usually with items grandma had made.
 
My favorite room in the house was grandpa's study.
It was just off of the main living room with glass doors.
There are files and files of information collected over a life time of studying the gospel.
My sisters were flipping through grandpa's files and came across a file for practical jokes and a thick file for brownies. I smile thinking of grandma's search for the perfect brownie and grandpa's search for the best practical joke. Those files are them.
 
My favorite thing about their home was the beautiful spirit that filled it.
You felt the need to be a little more reverent when you walked through their door.
Don't get me wrong there was laughter, and lots of it, but the kind of laughter that lifts your soul.
There was joy, but the kind of joy that makes you feel so completely loved.
How my soul will miss that nurishment...
 
I love you grandma and grandpa.
I will miss you.
Stay close to us.....








 













 









No comments: