Tuesday, April 23, 2013

MY BEAUTIFUL FRIEND JESS

I can't tell you how happy this visit made me.
I have missed this girl so much!
 It has been almost three years.
What?
Seeing her made me smile all day!
She got to meet James and hold him.
 
Story....
Three years ago, before we left Pittsburgh we were down to our last pennies.
We didn't know how we were going to move to Colorado.
Nate bought a small trailer to hook onto the back of our four runner, which was cheaper than renting one.
He said, "Whatever can fit in the trailer can go, everything else get rid of."
I started chucking things and giving things away.
We were down to our final pile of stuff and Nate said there is no room left in the trailer.
There were a few things I really cherished in that pile.
One of those things was a box of blocks my father made and gave to Sierra when she was James age. She loved playing with them. They were her favorite toy.
I was so sad.
I took them to Jess's house and asked her to hang onto them and bring them to me if she was ever out West again.
She promised.
 
Guess what was on my porch today?
Three years later.
I have thought about those blocks often, but I never mentioned them in three years of sporadic phone conversations.
She never forgot her promise.
I cried. I am still teary.
.
She is so sweet, the greatest friend anyone could ask for.
She will be moving closer to me but not close enough.
However, I am still excited to see her more.
Love you Jess.
 
Now, I just need to find away to get Shelly and Joy to move closer.


No comments: