Tuesday, April 16, 2013

GRANDMA's PASSING

“The homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only - and that is to support the ultimate career. ” - C.S. Lewis
My uncle shared this quote at grandma's funeral.
I thought it summed up perfectly who she was and what she stood for.
She was a homemaker and she loved it.
Grandpa supported her in her role.
She supported him.
Uncle Kent said she woke up ever morning and made grandpa breakfast before he left for work.
He said that once he was giving her a hard time about it.
She said that she wanted grandpa to go to work every day knowing how much she loved him.
It made me want to be better.
 
We recorded the funeral and you can access it here.
It will be available till the 30th.
If you want it permanently, download it.
 
I thought every word said was inspiring.
I downloaded it for my girls.
I hope they think of her often throughout their life and have the desire to emulate her.
I know I will.











Notice Dad's poor eye....
It's going to be okay little sister. We will see her again.





My mom says that she has been thinking about who James looks like for a long time.
After looking at this picture she said, "He looks like his great-grandma and her dad!"


She loved to journal.
I thought it was cute to see entries about my family.
Oh, how I love her.... she will be missed.

No comments: