Saturday, April 13, 2013

BACK at MY PARENT's HOUSE a BAD ACCIDENT

My other grandparents, who live next door to my parents, were chopping down a massive willow tree in there front yard the day I arrived.
My brothers and brother-in-laws were helping.
I was teasing a friend that it might be strange to the rest of the world to have the family out chopping down a tree a few days after my grandma's death and a few days before her funeral. 
My friend laughed and said it was typical Mormon, "We know there is life after death and grandma is with grandpa, so we don't morn the same way other people do."
Strange or not my family was out serving my other grandparents.
When a c-clamp was jerked from the tree and flew into my father's head.
I didn't take any pictures of the injury it was gross.
There was a lot of blood.
He was driven to the emergency room.
A policeman may have seen my brother's driving and tried to pull them over, but my brother didn't stop till he was at the hospital.
The policeman was a little ornery.
They stitched my daddy up and sent him home.
He was scheduled for surgery yesterday.
He now has three titanium plates in his head.
Madison said a beautiful prayer after the accident.
She said, "Heavenly Father, thank you that grandpa could survive."
When many of us were wondering why this had to happen to our Dad the day before his mother's funeral, she expressed thanks in a way only a child can.
He was blessed.
The doctor said if it had of hit a bit higher he would not be with us.
We are grateful he is still with us.



 
 




No comments: