Wednesday, March 26, 2014

BARN

My heart is a little broken.
In order to obtain the loan we need, there could be no flaking or peeling paint on any building, period.
The barn had to be painted.
It was this beautiful red with peeling paint and now..... it is this drab color.
It was going to be a great photography spot.
It was my favorite building on the property.
Now it is gone.
Yes, we can paint it, but the words of the fisherman, its not a priority now.
I get to look at this sad color for the next year, plus.
Sigh.
Everything is this color now....
The house.
The barn.
The trim on the milking house.
Blah.
I have a feeling it is only the beginning of a long journey of concessions.
Maybe nothing is going to be quit the way I envisioned it.
However...
I do have to say, last night I and my fisherman went out to get things ready to paint the barn and the sky was so clear.
The stars were so bright.
I couldn't stop looking up.
I could see every constellation.
The air was so clean.
I thought of sitting on my back porch and rocking my babies under this crystal clear country sky.
A view like that is worth an eggshell barn.


No comments: