Wednesday, March 5, 2014

CROCUS

“If you become a crocus in a hidden garden,” said his mother, “I will be a gardener. And I will find you.” (from The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown)
Our little farm is welcoming spring.
 
I had to run out to the Amish Paradise and have some papers completed by the foundation inspector.
 This little girl swung on the tire swing.
This little boy ate dog poop out of the yard.
Then they both played in the sand pile together.
They were so happy.
 
I called my brother-in-law the other day and he asked, "How much do you think the floors are off?"
I said, "Five inches."
He had no words.
Then he finally said, "The worst I have seen is two inches. Are you sure?"
I said, "I didn't measure, but I am pretty sure."
I asked the inspector how much the floors are off.
He said, "Six inches."
I was pretty impressed at my gestimation.
 
Who needs straight floors when you have children this happy?
They didn't even notice they were going to be living in a fun house.
They couldn't see the house for the yard.
I will try not to either.


No comments: