Sunday, March 15, 2015

ASHTON MAXWELL's BABY BLESSING

Sierra holding Ashton, Madison, and James. From left to right.
These pictures aren't the best. We will never be that family. However, they are mine and I love them. This top picture captures my children's personalities pretty accurately. It makes me giggle every time I look at it.
 

Sierra holding Ashton, Lisa holding James, Madison, and Nate. From left to right.
I think if I had of known what this day would bring I would not have hesitated to make the trip to Utah to bless sweet Ashton. We went to church in the building I grew up in. My grandma and grandpa Craven use to go to church with us. I remember when my grandpa Craven taught Sunday school and I use to go to his lessons. As I was walking through the building I could imagine my grandpa their with me. I was so overwhelmed with emotion thinking of him and my grandma. I thought how fleeting this life and how precious the moments are when we are together.
 
 I got to attend Sunday school with my grandma and grandpa Hair. My grandma shared a story about my sweet Aunt Ruth and how Ruth had a dream once of being healed by the Savior. (She was born unable to walk.) He took her by the hand and she stood. I thought of how much I love her and how much I want to be worthy to be their in that moment, because I know He will heal her.
 
Then I watched my grandma Hair help steady a women older than her as she walked to Relief Society. I had to give her a hug and tell her how much I love her. She has taught me more than anyone person that there is always enough to share. There is enough food and enough time and enough energy and enough resources. I have never gone over to her house without her trying to feed me. This sweet woman has seventeen children and over a hundred grandchildren but I know she is the same with all of them. She is always ready to feed you at a moments notice and she is always happy to do it. I love her.
 
It was such a precious moment to see sweet Ashton being blessed by the men who hold the priesthood in our family. All of the grandchildren were so sweet and held so still during the blessing. Even still I could barely hear Nate as he spoke, but a few words into the blessing he had to stop and compose himself. You could feel his love for his son and love we all felt deeply for this little angel that has come into our lives.
 
I felt the love of family all day. I was sad that James had a break down moments before the blessing and after. I felt like I was so occupied with tending him. I didn't get to really enjoy the moments after. I didn't hardly get any pictures of my McKnight family, but I was so glad Bonnie and Mike and all their kids came and Heather brought her boys. Grandpa wasn't able to come because he had shingles, poor guy but we were glad to have Grandma and Jenny there. Nate also invited his friends Jerrel and Inez and their sweet family. All of my family was able to be their, except my brother Phillip's family. My grandma and grandpa Hair were there along with my Aunt Colleen and Aunt Ruth. I love them both. I loved watching Aunt Colleen lovingly rock Ashton to sleep. I haven't had so much family at a single event since Sierra's baby blessing.
 
Sweet Ashton Max, there are so many who love you.

Emma holding Ashton

Ashton and Lisa.

Kate, Madison and Tessie

Grandma holding Ashton.

Tamara and Chase

Tamara and Chase

Grandma and Jenny holding Ashton

Grandma Hair and Grandpa Hair

Aunt Michelle and Leo

Tessie, Madison, and Kate.

Grace, Tyler, Sierra and Emma.

No comments: