Monday, December 7, 2015

BLOODY NOSE

My jubilation about the move and my beautiful house was cut short by bloody noses. Since we moved I have been having extremely bad bloody noses. They weren't getting better only worse. I woke up every night with one. Then I started having them through the day. They weren't a typical bloody nose. They wouldn't stop no matter what I did and they ran like a slow running faucet. When I plugged my nose it came out my mouth.
 
I was helping Sierra clean out the chicken coop and came into take a bath afterwards. I never made it to the tub. My nose started gushing. This time I thought I would bleed out before it stopped. I just gushed and gushed. I panicked and had Sierra call someone. She wasn't realizing how important it was for her to call someone. I finally yelled out. "I am going to die if you don't call someone." She finally got ahold of my friend Lilly and our neighbor up the street.
 
 Lilly came and took me to the ER. We tried urgent care but they said they really couldn't do anything. The PA at the ER cauterized both nostrils, it was still bleeding, so they inserted a Rhino Rocket. Yes, it was hilarious and embarrassing and hilarious. I didn't care as long as the bleeding would stop.
 
 I came home and laid down and after cleaning up a bit and getting my babies in bed and my nose started gushing again. I had blood coming out of my nose and my mouth and I was just bawling and bawling. I had done all humanly possible and nothing was helping. Nate called the PA that helped me in the ER, she said to go get Afrin. There was nothing more they could do for me I would have to go see a ENT on Monday. By the time Nate returned with the Afrin, my nose had stop bleeding. It started again in the middle of the night. I cried and yelled for Nate, I couldn't get the Afrin open to save my life. He took twenty minutes looking online before he could open it. It stopped long before that bottle got open. I slept in.
 
When I got up at noon. I broke down and told Nate I just couldn't keep going on like this. He asked me what was causing it. I said, "I think it is the pellet stove." Since it is our only heat source right now he said, "And what should we do about it?" I said, "I need a humidifier." He went to Walmart and bought the mother ship of humidifiers. I have been twenty-four hours bloody nose free. It feels like a miracle.
 
Last night as I was laying in bed I was thinking about all the miracles I have had over this really crazy problem.
 
Lilly was willing to take me to the ER. She helped lighten the mood and we laughed at how ridiculous the whole situation was.
 
Nate pulled into the driveway minutes after Lilly arrived, so I could leave the kids with him.
 
Kay randomly dropped off grape juice while I was at the ER. I had the thought that I really wished I had more grape juice. She couldn't have known I need some.
 
I ran a cheap humidifier in our room and when I woke up the carpet was soaking wet and my phone was in the puddle of water. I plunged it in rice in the middle of night. Around noon I plugged it in and it started right up, I haven't had a single problem with it.
 
I had this conversation in my mind on Sunday. I am really hungry. You really need to eat something. You have lost a lot of blood. I don't know what to eat, nothing sounds good. Make some egg and noodle soup. I did and it was so soul satisfying. I thought as I ate it and it warmed my body and soul that the Holy Ghost is a physician. He guided me.
 
My friend Jenn brought soup for dinner and my friend Nattalie asked if she could bring dinner on Monday night. Those simple acts of kindness lifted my spirit when I was struggling so much.
 
I felt impressed that I needed to open my bedroom windows. It helped stop the bleeding before we realized I needed a humidifier.
 
Nate took over and watched the kids while I rested.
 
Lastly, but most significantly, Madison made me a necklace. I thought it was sweet. I put it on. I wore it all day. Ashton never pulled at my Rhino Rocket, he just played with that colorful necklace with a massive shell. I was so glad not to have to fight him from trying to rip the Rhino Rocket out as he nursed. Such a simple act of kindness and it served a needed purpose, she could never have known. She must be in tune with the gentle whispering of the Spirit.
 
I am grateful for my parents and their prayers and fasting on my behalf yesterday I know these miracles were in large part due to their love.
 
I feel so blessed to have such beautiful people in my life, who are literally ministering angels. I felt surrounded by angels. Although, I am not grateful for the bloody noses I have had. I am grateful for the experiences and blessing surrounding my crazy situation.

No comments: