Wednesday, December 16, 2015

SICK GIRL

 
She is sick and when she get's sick momma gets scared. Always.
It was the pneumonia scary of 2013 that always is brought to mind whenever she is sick.
She woke up in the middle of the night on Monday and said she couldn't walk and her brain hurt. She was trembling. I pulled her into bed by me and she wouldn't stop shaking. She had a temperature. She kept saying her legs hurt. I tried waking Nate but he wouldn't budge. I called my mom, what else could I do? She said I should probably take her to ER. It was snowing and cold out and I didn't want her to go out in the cold. Dad suggested I put her in a warm bath and give her lots of liquids. She acted herself in the tub. She was floating and seemed fine She drank a lot and then puked. At that point I thought she had the illness that everyone else has. I got her warm and rubbed her legs in peppermint oil. She said that made her feel better. Then I heated her a blanket in the dryer and wrapped her in it. She was soon asleep. I cuddled next to her on the couch and slept till morning. She has ran a temperature since and I guess today is the second full day with this illness. James ran a temperature today. Ashton puked as I was putting him to bed. It is going to be a long week. I am supposed to be making the food for Nate's party. I think I might be swaddling sick babies upstairs and thankfully, so thankfully, my sister's are coming to help rescue me. They will be downstairs cooking.  I am not worried we will make it through. Feeling blessed to have such a supportive loving family.
 


No comments: