Friday, September 8, 2017

BEST DAY

 Yesterday I was complaining to a friend about feeling stuck and unable to move forward. There are so many things I have wanted to do to help make my house a home, but I just haven't done it. I make several excuses but the fact is that I am just not driven enough to make the change. Well, I was so grateful for my friend Lily, because this morning she forced me to move forward.

I saw a credenza on-line that I feel in love with. It was at a consignment store in Montrose. I didn't have a truck and I was nervous to drive clear out there with both my boys. My friend Lily said, "We are going to just go." I drove to Nate's work and took his truck. We drove out to Montrose and I fell in love with the most beautiful consignment store. I will be back. It was lovely and it filled my soul. There were so many unique treasures and I re-found my love for all things thrifted and vintage. The credenza that I saw was beyond lovely and I found a dining room set. It was walnut and there are very few dings and It fits the space so well. I will have to take a better picture of the credenza but it is so perfectly what I wanted. I feel like I can have the courage to move forward and make my house a home. I know I can make it a priority. I need several more pieces. I am so excited and I really owe it all to Lily, who has always be a true friend to me. Thanks for pushing me out of my comfort zone.

We went out for lunch at my favorite Chinese restaurant in Delta and then we came home. Lily helped me unload everything and clear out the old. My in-laws were waiting for me. I felt bad, but I knew it would be okay. They are very understanding. My house wasn't perfectly clean and I was late arriving but they were happy and gracious. 

My kids were so happy to see their grandparents. They love spending time with them. I love having them in our home. My mother-in-law is a genius when it comes to entertaining kids. My boys were playing games and my girls were quickly making bracelets out of paper. We had curry and naan bread for dinner and a nice salad. I love having a table full of people who love good food and talk and laugh. It fills my soul. It was especially nice to share our first meal around our new table with people we love!  









No comments: