Tuesday, September 5, 2017

MODESTY FASHION SHOW

 I was called to be the 1st counselor in the young women's presidency. I almost turned the calling down. My Sierra just became a young women and Nate still works crazy hours and I didn't know who was going to watch my children while I tried to fulfill this calling.  Many of my friends said, just bring your kids with you. I have tried doing that before and I feel like I am a horrible mother and a horrible young women's leader. My children are too demanding and their bedtime is seven o'clock.

My friend suggested hiring a regular babysitter. She has one that she loves who is not a member of our church. I called her up and scheduled her to come over every Wednesday. Her name is Gabriela and the best part about her is she is sixteen and owns her own car. She drives over and then drives home when either Nate or I arrive. I can't tell you what a blessing that is. 

The Mia Maids wanted to put together a Modesty Fashion Show for the Activity Day girls. We had everyone come dressed up in their favorite modest outfit. They walked down the runway in lights. We had music going and snacks. I think everyone had a good time. Look at the last picture of Sierra, she was having a little too much fun!






No comments: