Monday, September 18, 2017

MONDAY MORNING

 On Monday I got the opportunity to go and spend time at the Provo Temple. It is the most peaceful sacred place. I enjoyed reading my scriptures and pondering my relationship with my sweet Sierra. We have our struggles on occasions. I want us to be close. 

This scripture came to mind. It is found in the Book of Mormon in Mosiah chapter four...

14 And ye will not suffer your children that they go hungry, or naked; neither will ye suffer that they transgress the laws of God, and fight and quarrel one with another, and serve the devil, who is the master of sin, or who is the evil spirit which hath been spoken of by our fathers, he being an enemy to all righteousness.
15 But ye will teach them to walk in the ways of truth and soberness; ye will teach them to love one another, and to serve one another.
The thought came to me in the temple that I need to teach her to serve others by serving her and encouraging her to serve others. My next rebellious thought was, "What don't I do for her? I serve her constantly but she doesn't recognize how much I do for. She isn't grateful. I don't know what more I can do. What more can I do?" I know that my thoughts were a little cantankerous. We are all human and it is okay to search these things through in our mind, as long as we end questioning instead of blaming others or ourselves. If we end with a question, the spirit can then teach us. I thought I can help her with her horse. I can work along side her to scoop poop. I can have her be a secret friend to her brothers and set up play places in the house for them to wake up to, like a masking tape car track. Doing that once a week would help her develop a better relationship with them.  We will finish those two things and then I will ask my Heavenly Father what more I can do.Relationship take work, time and the spirit, but what other thing in life is more worthy of our efforts.



This little boy spent hours cutting leaves and letting the dog follow him around. 

Miss Lillie, don't you think she would fit in our family nicely? I think I will steal her and keep her. 

No comments: