Thursday, September 14, 2017

MAY MY MESS come to an END

I am praying that this mess will be done in ten days. This project has been hanging over my head since, really, last October. I should have taken care of it months ago. Procrastination is a real monster. Procrastination has cost me a thousand dollars. Procrastination has caused me a whole lot of anxiety. You see those three holes in my yard, my children could drowned in any one of them at any moment. Procrastination has cost me friendships that could have deepened. I refused to let anyone play at my house for fear they will drowned and the smell in my yard has been real pungent. My children had no friends over at all this summer, except Sierra, because her friends are old enough to avoid the holes. Procrastination has cost me missionary opportunities. We committed this yard to barbecues and potlucks with neighbors and friends. We didn't do any of it. 

Why did I procrastinate? Because the first bid to fix it came in at 30,000. I wanted to cry. We finally found a few people willing to do it for 20,000. It was still so much money. I wanted Nate to say, "I'll take care of it." I knew in my heart he wasn't going to. He has been so busy at work. He has been very overwhelmed with life. Finally, I spent some time really praying. I knew I had this mess on my hands and I needed help. I should have prayed earlier. When I finally asked, He answered my prayers. I had all of these miracles happen in one day. I found a place to order the supplies. I found a place to order the concrete sand and gravel we need for the project. I found someone to order the tank from. Then the greatest miracle. My friend Lily suggested I call a man she knows well. He owns a backhoe. He could help me get the septic system into the ground. I knew this contact was a miracle when he looked at the engineered plans on my septic and asked me why the engineer did certain things. He me if the engineer fixed them it would save me money. I did and it saved me two thousand dollars. Now, it is just a matter of getting it done. I think I will be able to now do the system for 10,000, which is a far cry better than what I had originally thought. Oh, I can't wait to have this monkey off my back. 

Two days ago, the septic system filled again. We have to have it pumped before we can run anything down the drain. The toilet, the tub, the dishes, the laundry, everything is on hold. At first I was upset because it was going to cost me another 300, but then when I called every company in town and they are all a week out from being able to pump my tank. I was so desperate. I could be brave like my mother and live with a bucket for ten days, but I don't think I am brave and neither is my husband. I finally found someone to come out this morning. I am hoping they show. I pooped on a bucket today. I am too afraid to leave the house for fear I will miss the septic people and in desperate need of relief, so there you have it. Sometimes life stinks, but do you know what stinks more.. procrastination people. I could have saved myself from pooping on a bucket and a lot of other uncomfortable situations if I just hadn't used the p word in my life. It's a monster. Avoid it! :)

No comments: