Wednesday, January 6, 2010

DORA DODODODODODO!

Sierra was being such a good little helper this morning. We were cleaning her room together. She folded a pair of pants and crammed them into her pant drawer. They were still hanging half out, even after a good shove. I said, "I have an idea let's just take some of the pants you don't wear and put them in a thrift pile." I took out a pair of pants she hates and has never worn. She flipped out. I have never seen her so irrational. She screamed, "Please, please don't throw my pants away. Fine. Fine. I will clean my whole room, mom. I will clean all of it by myself." All the while, bawling and clinging to the pants. I tried to explain to her that she hated this pair of pants. Then I left because I couldn't reason with her. I came back a fifteen minutes later and the room was clean. I don't know what happened, but apparently she didn't want to throw the pants away and apparently it motivated her to clean her whole room by herself. I am fine with that.
Sierra is biting everything. A week ago, she bit off her new Dora Mermaid dolls finger. Last night she said she had a nightmare. She said, "Mom, Dora was in my dream. She wasn't a cartoon she was real. The fox Swiper bit off Dora's finger. He swallowed it. Then the finger started pressing out of his back. Then he said he was going to bit off my finger. He started chasing me. I was so scared. That is why I came in your bed last night." I know so morbid. I don't know why I think it is funny, because it isn't. It is sad and scary... Not funny.

No comments: