Thursday, October 21, 2010

GRANDPA CAME TO TOWN

MJ got to meet her Grandpa McKnight and she is in love. I love this man too. I still remember the first time we met. Thanksgiving, seven years ago, (Side Note: When Nate and I decided to get engaged my in-laws had asked me to send a picture of myself. I searched for the most beautiful photo of myself I could find. The picture I chose was more beautiful than I was in real life and was taken at least a few years earlier.) I walked through the front door and met most of the family. Then Nate's dad came home. He threw his arms around me and said, "You are even prettier than your picture." I instantly loved him. MJ has instantly loved him too. Something she N.E.V.E.R does and I can't stress that enough. Especially when she meets someone for the first time, she clings to me. It didn't take but a few hours for her to climb in his lap and stay there. As I put her to bed she screamed, "No, my gampa. No, my gampa. No, my gamp," with little tears streaming down her cheeks.

No comments: