Monday, October 18, 2010

A STROLLER and A CHILD

Madison will never just sit down and let me buckle her into her stroller. She fights me. I let it go today. Then she decides to get dangerous and stand up. Occasionally, she lets go of the sides of the stroller to test her balance. She gets an adrenaline rush from maneuvers like these. She starts to giggle. I warn her to sit down. She won't. I decide to jiggle the stroller a little just to throw her off balance, so she will learn the dangers of standing up. She falls forward and knocks her head on the rim of the stoller. She screams. I pick her up to inspect the damage and give comfort. Her nose swells. My mind is races, what if I broke her nose and I have to take her to the doctor how am I going to explain this. She cries harder and can't catch her breath. Her nose swells more. Crap. I touch it to see if I can feel anything. No it seems fine. After a few minutes she stops crying. An hour later the swelling is down. She is fine, just a bruise. Sigh. Poor baby.

Laugh: Sierra came home from school today and said, "Mom, there was a lady at school that I saw that has a bigger butt than you. I saw. She was bendin' down and her butt was in our face." Then she proceeded to demonstrate.

No comments: