Monday, August 22, 2016

A THEME for the YEAR

They say you can clean small spaces more quickly than large spaces, but they also become messy faster. I am working on figuring it out. I still love my home so much.

I may have mentioned that our family theme this school year is "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power and of love, and of a sound mind."

Today I was over at Leslie's for her final discussion. She was supposed to be baptized on the 3rd of September but she drank at her nephews birthday party, so they have to push her baptismal date out a week. 

When she was telling Sister Uhri, tears started to stream down Sister Uhri's face. She had a very serious look on her face, but it was a look of love. She said, "It is going to break my heart to tell you that you must be clean for two weeks." The tears continued to roll down her cheeks. It broke Leslie's heart. She started to cry to. It was such a beautiful exchange of love and rebuke. The spirit was full in the room and I couldn't help but think of Jesus Christ and all he has done for me and how it would break my heart to hear him say, "It is going to break my heart to tell you this but you must be clean." 

Leslie will be fine. She will repent and move forward. This will not discourage her, it will encourage her to be better. I am grateful for that.

However, the lesson we both learned tonight will stay with us forever. 

I am thankful for all I get to learn by being apart of her journey. 

Leslie, Heavenly Father has not given you a spirit of fear. You can do this. You have the power to do this.  Love - Me.

No comments: