Thursday, August 18, 2016

FAIR

 Well, after a day of practicing, she competed at fair. She competed in two divisions horseless-horse and horse. For horseless horse she had to read a two hundred page manual, take a test, make a poster, and complete a forty page booklet. At fair she took Reserved Grand Champion and received a twenty dollar cash prize. For horse, she had to read the manual, take a test, and show at fair in two competing categories, trail and showmanship. She was disqualified from showmanship because she forgot the pattern. She placed second in trail. I was telling her 4H leader how proud I was of her for taking second her first time at fair. She said, only three kids competed. Oops... well still proud of her for working hard and doing it. She was nervous and it wasn't easy. She has one thing left and we are done with 4H for a minute, she has to make her Horse book for State. She revised he Horseless horse book and poster and sent it to state already. I am really happy she has found something that she loves. I am happy that she is dedicated. I don't have to pester her much to get her to do it. She has written essays and shown a horse in front of a crowd all on her own accord. I love her. She is such a great kid and she is mine.

I have to give a shout out to her 4H leader who has encouraged and helped and spent countless hours with her. She is so talented and loves horses. She is bent on getting Sierra her own horse. She almost had me convinced the other day. She sees she is passionate about horses and she wants to help her and I love her for it. I tell Sierra she should thank Heavenly Father for Sister Le Baron ever night because without her horses would have never been apart of her life. Nate or I know nothing about horses and have no desire to own horses but Sierra may convince us yet.













No comments: