Saturday, August 20, 2016

PREPPING for a PARTY

I was so grateful that today my friend Leslie and her friend Grace came and helped me shop for Nate's company party. We had to drive two Sam's club carts around the store to get everything that we needed, I was exhausted by the time we were done. I think sitting down to write this post is the first time I have sat down all day. 

James, as we were driving around today said, "Mom, when I grow big I am going to have baby in my tummy too." I said, "To have a baby grow inside you is one of the greatest gifts Heavenly Father has given girls, but boy's don't get to grow baby's inside them. However, if they choose the right then they get to hold the Priesthood. The power to act in God's name here on earth." I know it was too much for a three year old to digest. His response was, "Priesthood means getting to grow a baby inside your tummy, right?" No. 

But he taught me so much....I loved how sweet he was and how much he knows even at such a young age how precious and beautiful it is to carry life in your own body. Nate will never experience that, carrying life and giving birth. I know he is fine with it, but there are sensitive men out there like James who probably wish they could. However, it just wasn't God's plan for men. Motherhood was Heavenly Father's gift to women from birth. Ever woman regardless of her choices and standing before Heavenly Father has the ability to bear children, baring infertility. The Priesthood is a gift given on earth when you are much more grown, 12 to be exact, you have to earn the right to receive it. 

We are blessed as woman, never doubt it. From the mouth of babes!

No comments: