Thursday, August 25, 2016

SEE YOU LATER MADISON!

I love my mornings. I love that my sweet daughters wake up at different times and getting to enjoy the morning with each of them individually. I get to talk about the scriptures with them and I get to pray over them individually. I love it. This morning I opened up Madison's Book of Mormon reader and asked her if she would like to read the story about Joseph Smith. She said, "Oh, I already know that one mom." She continued to tell me almost word for word what her reader says about the prophet Joseph Smith. She even quoted the scripture in James. I then asked her what can we learn from this story? She said, "To pray when we need help." 

She told me about a week ago that she tries really hard to pray over her food when she goes to lunch, but sometimes she forgets because it is so loud and busy in the cafeteria. My instant reaction is to tell her we don't typically pray in public, especially in crowds of people. We just say a prayer in our heart. Then my second reaction was wouldn't the whole school be a better place if they watched as this innocent little girl expressed thanks and evoked a bless from her maker in the school cafeteria every day. I told her that she was sweet to remember to pray. She amazes me. I am grateful for her strength of character and her love of the scriptures. 

No comments: