Saturday, March 14, 2009

3 DECADES OLD


Sierra opened the candle box to place the candles on the cake and said, "Mom, you get to have the yellow one. I want you to have the yellow one because there is only one pink one left." Sierra was so excited she blew out the candle and exclaimed, "I got my wish"

Well, I have been obsessed about becoming a better cook. I have always lothed making dinner. Ask me to bake bread or a cake and I am there. Ask me to make dinner and I am afraid I would bow out. I hate cooking the same thing every week. I have tried experiementing but it is hard to find a new recipe you want to put effort into for fear of it not working out. I found this website called americastestkitchen.com. I love there food. They take every day recipes and make them backwards and forwards until they come up with the perfect outcome. Then they teach you how to make it. I am hooked. I bought myself an online membership for my birthday and a couple of cooking gadgets. I figure I am going to be doing this 3 times a day for 365 days of the year so I better get to the point were I don't loathe it.

If you have any cheap, easy, fabulous, simple ingredient, dinners that you love, send them my way. I would love to test them out.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute. Happy, happy birthday!

Joy said...

Happy Birthday! I didn't even know...sorry I am a bad friend. Hope you had a wonderful day!

Heather {Healthy Family Cookin} said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day Lisa. Love ya, Heather

Chrystal said...

Happy Birthday! Best birthday wishes!

DJ said...

Lisa! You have to make the poppy seed chicken recipe on our meals site. It is so yum. Derrick can't stop talking about it. Read my comments before you do it. We really liked the flavor a little diced onion and sliced (sauteed) mushrooms gave it.

rachwheel said...

She's so cute, Lis-that cake looks scrumptious...and I also loathe making meals. It's the time it takes that gets me, even the fast meals. Such is life, though. Isn't it nice that every once in a great while, we get to go home and our Mother's get to make a meal for us? We'll never take them for granted again, right? Hope you are well. Sweet little gals!

Shandra said...

Hope your bday was awesome!! Sorry I wasn't here to help you celebrate!! Maybe next week, okay? Also, can't wait to check out that website! Maybe once we get settled back in!