Friday, March 20, 2009

3 YEAR PROJECT NOT QUITE COMPLETE


After two and a half years, I finally have the face of my hand stitched quilt completed.

A really good friend, Celeste McClure, invited me to take a class out in Bever County the first year I moved here. I was so grateful for that invitation and the hand of friendship. Her invitation blessed me in incalculable ways. When we first moved here we bought a standard. I had never learned how to drive a standard. I had to learn on the winding, hilly, roads of Pittsburgh; an adventure I don't want to repeat. She gave me an opportunity to get out of the house and out of the city and drive through the beautiful landscape of Pennsylvania. A much needed reprieve.

I will never forget the ladies from the class. They were all so kind. I often had to attend with Sierra in tote. Maxine, the lady who taught the class, always made sure Sierra had toys to play with.

I really hate the colors and patterns I chose. I think the quilt is way too busy. However, I love every memory tied up in this quilt. I think because of that it will always have a place in my heart.

I am done with the face. I am going to cheat and send it to my sister Michelle to stipple it and then maybe my mother will bind it. Hopefully, that won't take another three years.

6 comments:

shellydinger said...

I cannot believe you hand stitched that whole thing! It's beautiful. I don't think it looks the tiniest bit too busy.

Lisa said...

I cheated and sewed the borders on.

needtoknow said...

Lisa, You got it done. I really like the colors now. I think it goes together great. love ya Ruth

Heather {Healthy Family Cookin} said...

Wow I'm impressed. What a beautiful pattern! Good work. BTW, your birthday card just got returned to me that I sent you. :( I was so sad. So I guess I need your new address....I thought I had it. Anyway, will you e-mail it to me when you get a sec? Thanks!

Shandra said...

Lisa, you did awesome!!! Love it!!!

Christi said...

Lisa,

I love it! I always thought the colors that you chose were just absolutely beautiful!!!

Earlier this semester I framed the small square that you cut/sewed (?) an inch short all around. It looks fabulous hanging in my kitchen, AND it always reminds me of our first year together in Pittsburgh!

Congrats on the steps toward completion!
Christi