Tuesday, March 24, 2009

MJ'S QUILT



My favorite Aunt Ruth asked me to post this. This is the only quilt I have finished in the last 5 years. (Did I say I? I mean my family) I made it for my little MJ. Funny, she has never slept on it or drooled on it. I have never taken it anywhere. I haven't even washed it yet. Aren't blankies suppose to be loved and cherished and not kept away from the child? Ironic.

Well, my Aunt Ruth, who I love more than life, gave me her left over fabric from a sample quilt she did, similar to the one I posted earlier. The batting I believe came from my mother. I found the backing and binding at a fabric store on-sale, on-sale. I used a needle I got from my grandma. I used some old thread of my mother's. My sister Michelle free-motion stitched it together. All in all I invested two dollars into this project, thanks to all the donors. It was a fun over the summer project. As far as I know hexagons can't be sewn together by machine. If anyone knows how to sew them by machine, I would love to know how.

3 comments:

needtoknow said...

Lisa, do you remember the size of your hexagon? I know, I know, I should just figure it out myself rather than have you do all the work. Your the best. Love you. Thanks for posting this for me. Love ya Ruth

Michelle said...

Did I free-motion quilt that? I must be braind-dead because I don't remember.

needtoknow said...

I dont know lisa, Your mom seems to think she did the free motion on that quilt. I am making mine now but I dont think it will be done before Wendys baby comes. oh well