Thursday, March 5, 2009

HYUN JUNG BABY SHOWER


Well, I love this idea and I think we should all adopt the tradition of a Korean Baby Shower. In Korea when a women has a baby it is perfectly acceptable to go through your child's belongs and pick out the best of what they have out grown; clean it, press it, and make it look new. Then wrap it and present it to the mother to be. In America for some reason it has to be new to be socially acceptable. Well, last night I, with the help of several great friends, threw Hyun Jung a baby shower Korean style. There were a few people that insisted on bringing something new, which was great. Then there were others who brought used items, which was great. There were others still who made something new out of used items, which was amazing. We had a fabulous turn out. Hyun Jung said, "I felt so loved."

I went through some of Madison and Sierra's gender neutral clothes and cleaned and pressed them. Then I made her two receiving blankets out of two pieces of flannel. I took the blankets, and bibs my sister gave me that I was never going to soil because they were too expensive, and made a diaper cake. The diapers came from diapers our children had outgrown. (You hate it when your daughter graduates to the next diaper level without using all the diapers in the last package you purchased. Well, here's a way to put those to use.) Atrena contributed the most diapers. It was a joint effort. I thought it turned out so cute. I made a lemon layer cake. It was a little tart but good. I thought it looked cute on the table.

Well, I am now boring myself. I will close by saying, I think I will never throw another American baby shower again.

2 comments:

DJ said...

Holy cow! Who are you?! Someday... I too will be cool. I will make a diaper cake.

Love your guts!

Shandra said...

Super cute, Lisa!!