Thursday, October 15, 2009

WATCH WHAT YOU SAY

Today, once again MJ got a hold of Nate's greasy bike chain. She had grease all over her and all over the carpet. I spent a good twenty minutes cleaning her up and cleaning the carpet. I was so frustrated. I have a pair of pants that have been ruined by that bike chain. CC has a skirt that has been destroyed and MJ's new footie pajamas have bike grease on them. I was so irritated. I know it isn't Nate's fault we don't have a garage and we live in this high rise, but I was angry and in the heat of the moment I grunted to MJ, "I am going to kill your father." Sierra overheard and immediately inquired, "How are you going to kill him mom?" I said, "I didn't mean it literally, I was just frustrated."

Later that night at the kitchen table CC offered the prayer over the food and said, "Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for Madison. Thank you for the food. Thank you for my mom and dad. Bless my mom not to kill my dad. In the name of Jesus Christ amen." As I opened my eyes I peaked over at Nate, he lifted his eyebrows and said, "Good prayer Squirmage." (Good lesson for me.)

No comments: