Friday, October 16, 2009

GOOD NIGHT SIERRA.

Sierra has an really crazy bedtime routine.

1. Daddy brushes her teeth. (Last night he used an explorer to look for cavities when he was done.) Kind of fun to have your Dentist brush your teeth every night. She likes to race Madison. She will get her sister her tooth brush and then take her tooth brush to her dad. Then the race begins.
2. Then potty.
3. Then I will sit at the foot of her bed and play her a few primary songs on my flute. (This has become a tradition as of this week.)
4. Then prayer.
5. Then a drink, which stays next to her bed.
5. Then I will read her three stories. Sometimes I pick the shortest stories on the shelf, just to get through it quickly. Then other times I will read her long stories.
6. Then she wants me to rub her back. I will rub her back for a few minutes and then leave and tell her if she is good and tries to go to sleep and thinks about good things, I will come back and rub her again. I set the timer for ten minutes. When it goes off, I go back and rub her for a minute longer. Then I tell her again to be good and I time the timer again. Usually this happens two or three times and then she is out.(Since I started rubbing her back there has been less references to Big Minnie, and Monsters, and Mean People. With all the terrors she has and her imagination it used to take longer to get her to bed minus the rubbing, so rubbing her back has been an easier alternative.)

If the routine is interrupted in anyway. She won't go to sleep. I promise. It takes about an hour from start to finish. Not too bad.

2 comments:

Heather {Healthy Family Cookin} said...

Wow, that's quite a ritual - I didn't know you played the flute. You learn something new every day! Glad she's doing better with the boogie monsters....

Atrena said...

I used give Talmage a bath, brush his teeth, read a story, and then feed him a bottle. He would try to escape my arms during the story and often wiggle as he tried to drink his bottle. So recently I've skipped the night time story and give him his bottle and put him in bed. He drinks his bottle and I don't hear a peep out of him! LOVE IT!!!