Thursday, October 15, 2009

HAIrW

Hair has been my children's blankie or lovie since they were born. They love hair. They love to play with hair. Since both of them were born they have gravitated to my hair. While I nursed them they played with pieces of it.

One time I cut of my hair really short hoping Sierra would give up the habit but it just made it worse. She would scream unless I kinked my head to one side all day.

The first year we lived in Pittsburgh we made a trip to see my Uncle and Aunt in Virginia for Thanksgiving. Sierra fussed and/or screamed most of the trip until Nate had a brilliant (or not so brilliant) idea, "Give her the hair!" he said. I reclined my seat until my head rested in her lap and she played with/pulled my hair all the way and was perfectly content.

Sierra use to call hair, hai(r)w which I thought was adorable.

Once Sierra grew hair of her own she started playing with it. Whenever she is nervous, upset, embarrassed, or bored, she will play with her hair.

Funny enough MJ, almost out of the womb, gravitated to my hair too. I often wonder why this was so. Did she see her sister playing with her hair? Is my hair so soft and luxurious that it would be almost impossible to resist touching it when you are so close to me for an extended period of time? :)

I love to hear about what other kids do. What do/did your children love? What was their comfort lovie?

1 comment:

Shandra said...

Really, Lisa? Do I even need to do this?? ;-) Ears. Definitely the ears.