Thursday, October 25, 2012

JOY and my BOY

 
 
My sweet friend Joy sent me some clothes for baby Gunnar.
I was so happy.
Mostly because I love her sweet boys and having Gunnar wear something they owned just makes me smile.
I can't believe how tiny baby clothes are.
REALLY? He is going to be that small.
How precious.
 
Some have asked where we came up with the name Gunnar.
Truth, I don't know if it will be his name.... however, I am pretty sure it will be.
We name all of our children after nature for their first name, which was not done on purpose but was a way of compromise.
Their second name is chosen from a living family member who we would like them to emulate.
Sierra is named after the Sierra Nevada Mountain range.
Madison is named after the Madison River in Yellowstone.
Gunnison may be named after the Gunnison River, which is where Nate blew out his knee.
I say may be because about two years ago Nate said, "If I have a son, I want to name him Gunnison."
I said, "Okay."
To me that solidified it, but....we really haven't discussed it since.
 
I asked him about a week ago, "Are you set on Gunnison being our son's name?"
He said, "No."
I giggled.
Communication.... really isn't the strongest part of our marriage.
 Then I spent two days searching out boy names I liked.
I couldn't find one that I even kind of liked.
I am back to Gunnison and Gunnar for short, not that I ever left.
 
Thank you Joy! You made my day! Love and miss you.

No comments: