Saturday, October 13, 2012

LITTLE GIRLS, and EMPTY BOWLS

 Love these two.
I don't make them do their hair on Saturdays.
I think they deserve one day off. They can wear what they want and do their hair how they want.
Sierra said she was going to do hers and Madison's hair.
I was surprised because typically on her day off she doesn't want anyone to touch it, not even herself.
Here it is, the styling of Sierra M.
 
I think she wanted her hair done because she was going to play at Wyatt's house, while I and his mother went to Empty Bowls, a charitable event they do her in the Grand Valley.
Potters donate bowls.
Restaurants donate soup, bread, and juice.
You get to pick out a handmade bowl and eat soup on a crisp fall day for a donation to the Catholic Soup Kitchen. They made 160,000's last year and it helped feed thousands in the Grand Valley.
Another friend of ours bought tickets but couldn't go, so she asked if we could go in her place.
Of course we said, YES.
The line was super long but they had a band playing and it made the wait not so long.
I wish I had of gotten pictures.
Next year.
The bowls were beautiful.
The soup was yummy, especially after waiting in the cold.
They had freshly squeezed apple juice. YUMMY.


No comments: