Saturday, October 27, 2012

WALKING to SCHOOL


I have renewed my dedication to walking Sierra to school and back.
The school isn't that far from our home and it is good for us to get out and breathe in the day.
I enjoy walking and it feels good to know that I still can get out and and walk at a brisk pace and on occasion jog when I have to keep up with my girls who both insist on riding.
Yeah, for a healthy body and a healthy pregnancy.
 
My girls love, love, love to ride their bikes to school and there is always a huge sigh of disappointment whenever I say, "We are taking the car."
You wouldn't believe how fast Madison can peddle that little Diego bike.
I tried to get her to switch to the bike Sierra has outgrown, but she loves that little cruiser.
I guess Sierra didn't switch to a bike till she was 5.
 
Madison literally giggles the whole way to the school. She loves it.
She did say it was coldy and we had to head back to the house twice to get a second layer and a hat.
But, then we were off.
 
She begged to play on the playground for a little bit when we got there.
We were early enough, despite both our little set backs, that she was able to play until the bell rang.
 
Sierra came out and she said, "I can't walk home without my coat it is freezing."
I asked her where her coat was.
She said, "I left it in the luchroom at lunch time." Then she continued on and on about why it got left in a dramatic flare that I could bearly understand.
Then she insisted we go back into the school to get it.
Sounds easy... but it isn't.
Her class is on the backside of the school. They lock all the doors so you can only enter from the front door. I had to be back later for parent teacher conference and asked if we could go home and I could pick it up later.
She chattered her teeth like she was in Alaska in her bathing suit and said, "But iiiiiit's sssso cold."
So, I took her around to the front of the school.
She slipped inside and found her coat and came back out.
Then she put it on for two seconds, maybe less, and took it off and handed it to me and said, "It's too hot to wear this thing."
 
URGH!
 
She wanted me to carry it but I told her, No! 
 



 
 
 
Not sure what she was thinking here. 



No comments: