Sunday, October 28, 2012

TRUCK-or-TREAT

 Truck-or-Treat in Fruita.
Trucks line up around the civic center and you trick-or-trick from truck to truck.
They have police cars, ambulances, swat cars, classic cars and buses made into haunted houses.
The trucks are there from 10am-noon.
Exactly at noon, they sound off all their horns and alarms and drive away.
When we were there yesterday I kept thinking this would be so much fun to do with a little boy.
My girls loved getting candy but weren't interested at all in the trucks.
They were letting kids tour the trucks and set off the alarms and honk the horns, but the girls just wanted to get their candy and move onto the next truck.
In a couple of years it will be really fun to take my little boy.
 
My friend's children came with us and it was so fun to have her two girls look out for my two girls the whole time.
It lowered my anxiety level and made it fun.
Thank you girls!
 
It was Madison's first time really trick-or-treating.
She has been sick on Halloween every year but the year she was born which was a few days prior to Halloween.
She was so excited and said, "Mom, that was so much fun!"






 They made quite the haul.
Between truck-or-treat, trunk-or-treat at our church, trick-or-treat down main street, and Halloween night there is no end in sight to the candy.
 
I have always let my kids make themselves sick on candy. I have never regulated it.
Yes, and this philosophy from a dentist's wife. 
 
I think it is good for kids to have a tummy ache after gorging on candy.
There is a lesson in that, that your kids can't learn by you regulating their candy.  
 
This year I may have to alter that rule a little, especially if we participate in all the trick-or-treating opportunities.
They were a family of scarecrows, aren't they darling?

No comments: