Wednesday, September 17, 2014

CORN

My friend Kay vacuum sealed corn for her son. He wasn't able to come pick it up, so she gave it to us. By the time we got the corn the seal had been compromised. I put the corn in the storage room and waited until Monday. We broke open all the packages of corn and cut the corn from the cob, cooked it for a few minutes and then froze it. We have about twenty quart bags of corn now. Might I add, fresh corn. Yummy. We will be using it in soups and for a side for a couple of months.

My favorite part about doing corn was my sweet Madison. She hung out with me for two hours straight and shucked corn for me. She never stopped and never complained. I wouldn't have gotten it done without her. Even James chipped in and you can see the cob he just finished on the table. It was covered in silk but it was perfect because he did it all by himself. I usually rush about my tasks from one to the next. I don't include my kids because it is faster and less of a hassle to do it by myself. I don't think this makes me a good mom. Yesterday, I felt like a really good mom.

Madison also helped me do peaches for an hour the other night. She put the peaches in the jar because her hands are tiny and she can arrange them prettily. She was a great help.

Earlier that morning we were going through tutorials trying to find a good hairstyle. We chose this one. When I was done she started giggling like only Madison can. She couldn't stop. She said, "Look at my ears they poke out like an elf. We should call this the elf hair." She kept giggling and giggling and saying, "I'm an elf."


No comments: