Sunday, September 28, 2014

GENERAL WOMEN's CONFERENCE

I feel so blessed to go to women's conference with my little girl. She is growing up so much and I don't think it is coincidence she turned eight the year they announced they were going to lower the age of those who were to attend women's conference. I think this world is a difficult place to grow up in and I love giving my sweet girl more tools to use to work through the difficulties that surround her.

We met at the stake center at 4:00pm and did a service project for the community. I don't think they expected the kind of response they got. There were more donations than they could deal with. Then we had bread bowls and soup for dinner, followed by the meeting. They sent us into the chapel a half hour early to listen to beautiful music preformed by some of the sister's in our stake. I thought, for my eight year old sitting still for an hour and a half will be a huge accomplishment, if I make her go in any earlier she is going to hate it. I let run around the cultural hall with her friend for the half hour. I am sure everyone thought I was a bad mom, but every child needs different thing.

She laid on my shoulder and watched the conference. She kept asking to leave to get a drink of water. It is hard for her to sit still that long. Afterwards we went to Target together and bought her some much needed Sunday shoes. We stopped off for root beer floats and went home. She had a great time. I am grateful for the one-on-one time with her.

No comments: