Tuesday, September 16, 2014

SUNDAY

Daddy was sick again this Sunday. I loaded up the kids and took them to church. I wrestled James until after the sacrament and then I sat in the hall with him. I left the girls in the chapel next to a friend. I pray they were good for her. Sunday's are difficult. I don't know what I am going to do in four months when I have one more to tackle. I have managed well so far but I think one more will put me over the top. I don't think my third was a hard transition because there is such a huge gap between Madison and James. I think it might be number four that breaks me. We will see. I might be bawling in the mothers lounge with my toddler and my new born. If I am missing, come check on me.

Why do I go to church when all I do is wrestle children and live in the mother's lounge? I tell my girls every Sunday, because we are McKnight's and we go to church. Even when it is hard, we go to church Even when we don't want to, we go to church. We renew our covenants with our Heavenly Father. We are forgiven of our sins. We rededicate ourselves to our Savior for another week. I feel better when I go to church. I feel happier. I know my example it monumental and the choices I make today will impact tomorrow and year after that and the year after that.  My choices will be their choices and I want them to go to church every Sunday because I know they will feel happier too.
We were so happy to be invited over to Lily's for dinner on Sunday. It was her son Bradley's sixteenth birthday. They invited fifty people over. I heard someone say, "Well, her house can hold us." It can. She just finished building her dream home. I love Lily, she is such a gracious host. I know everyone who came through her door felt loved. I told Sierra, "If you go outside, you can't come back in because I don't want you trailing dirt." Lily overheard me and said, "She is fine Lisa, I don't care."
 
I accidently showed up an hour early. Pregnant brain. I thought it was so sweet of Jason, Lily's husband to say as I was leaving, "Lisa, thank you so much for coming early and helping us get things put together." Not acknowledging that it was a lapse in brain function.  



I often lament the fact that I only have prime lens because in small quarters I can capture people, but not groups. My camera doesn't express the immense party Lily had going on in her home.

 


No comments: