Sunday, September 14, 2014

ROLLARBLADING

Sierra loves my rollerblades. Madison does to. I wonder if the wider span of the wheels lends to better stability. Either way it makes me giggle because they are monstrously huge on both of them. This morning they both headed out to roller blade, and James would not be left out when he heard the door shut. He cried until I got dressed and took him outside. Poor boy, doesn't get near enough outdoor time. Again, I can't wait until we move.
Sierra found this tiny caterpillar. She carried it around on the strings of her jacket as she rode around. She said as she picked it up she had to give herself a pep talk about being brave. She use to want to be an entomologist but then a few years ago she became deathly afraid of bugs. Crazy afraid of bugs! She is working on being courageous.

Madison was roller blading around and begging me to hold her hand so she would have more stability. James was ripping apart the Whiteheads flowers and sidewalk lights. When I told him to stop he yelled back at me. Yelling back and hitting when he is upset is a new thing but his anger only comes in spurts and doesn't last, so I find it almost comical. I have to put on my stern face and say, "James don't talk to your mommy like that." When he hits I have to hold his hands for a few minutes and encourage him to use his hands to love his mommy. He is generally a sweet boy. He just doesn't like to be told what to do. I guess all of us could fit into that category at one time or another. I have been studying humility and how important it is our life. Even at thirty-five I have a long ways to go.

No comments: