Thursday, March 18, 2010

BUILDING A SAND CASTLE

Well, I have been wanting to do this since last summer. In our local park there is a volleyball sand pit. I think in all the times I have frequented the park I have only seen it being used for its intended purpose once. Well, I decided the sand needed to be used to build sandcastles. I am sure no one will mind as long as we rake it over when we are through, which we didn't do but will do in the future.
Yesterday was a perfect day to sit in the sun on the sand. The sand was perfect because it had rained a couple of days earlier and it was really moldable. The kids had so much fun and as we were leaving Sierra begged, "Mom, can we come back tomorrow."(Jess, thanks for coming to play and for the pictures.)

1 comment:

Caroline Craven said...

Happy belated birthday. I've been away and busy for a few days so I missed your post. I love the sand box being used for sand castles, it makes me want to go and find a beach somewhere, like Hawaii or Mexico!