Friday, March 26, 2010

EXPLORING THE BACKYARD

Sierra found this small corner of the staircase to explore. She said, "Mom, this is a spooky place." She wanted to show me everything. I brought a book to read while the girls played but didn't get one full page read.
This little girl has been fascinated with words lately. The other night we were watching television and a man said, "What the h@#$?" The next day we were driving to a friends house and she said, "Mom, sometimes people say, what the heck? And other people say, what the h$@#? I like to say, what the h@#$?" I said, "Well, we don't say that word. It is really naughty." She said, "Well it keeps getting in my head. I like it. Maybe I can't say it in front of you or Madison or Dad, but I can just say it when I am by myself. I can just whisper it to myself." I said, "No you can't say it ever, ever, ever." I love this little girl. The conversation wasn't funny but I guess I deserved it. I will do penance now. I told her that we could explore other good words that are fun to say. Today, the word of the day is BOMBASTIC. (With what is going on in the political arena right now the word feels appropriate to learn.)
Sierra loves to show MJ all the wonderful things in nature and tell her everything she knows about them. She is always saying, come on Tads follow me.
I have mentioned this before but Madison is Sierra's little shadow. I loved watching them play together yesterday. I now know why we didn't really feel like a family until MJ was born.

2 comments:

Caroline Craven said...

You take the best pictures. I need a new camera (still). tell me again what kind of camera you have. I had to laugh at Sierra's inspiring new word and that entire conversation. How on earth did you keep a straight face?

Lisa said...

Thanks, I am sometimes frustrationed with the limitations I feel with it, but it does the job. It is a Canon PowerShot S2 IS. Also, it was very hard to hold a straight face.