Tuesday, March 16, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Well, I turned 31 on Sunday. I know all the people younger than me are thinking that is so old and all the people older than me are thinking, that is young. I think it is perfectly how old I should be. Thirty-one will be a good year.
Well, this was my favorite present. Sierra spent all morning making me paper doll with removable clothing. There were skirts and shirts and I was surprised at how well they fit. Then she said, "I am going to make you a birthday cake. I don't really know how to make a birthday cake, so you are going to have to help me, but I am going to make it." She made me the best cake I have ever had. It was perfectly moist and absolutely chocolate just the way it should be.
My friends and I went out to lunch the next day at the Oakmont Bakery. Joy and her husband were so kind and payed for us. We had a blast eating really good food and spending time together as friends.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday, I hope you had the best birthday ever! I love the thoughtfulness of children, their gifts are always the most sincere.

Brianna and Byron Putnam said...

Happy birthday Lisa!! You have such sweet girls, they must get that from you :)

Chrystal said...

Happy Birthday! I love your attitude toward getting older. Sierra is so sweet.