Tuesday, January 4, 2011

FAREWELL ARIZONA and a miracle

We drove for a few hours and then both the girls crashed. I tried to sleep but couldn't. We stopped in Flagstaff to fill up on gas. Then continued on. Somewhere between here and there we ran out of gas. The light came on. We couldn't find anywhere to stop. We found a small town off the main road. We drove into the gas station. We were relieved. The gas station was closed and the pump didn't take credit cards. We circled back to the main road and checked the sign. The next town was 25 miles away. Nate suggested we stay the night. He knows that car and there was no way we were going to make it 25 more miles. We saw two "hole in the wall" motels. He knocked on the office door of both for several minutes. He came back and said, "What are we going to do? It is freezing out there. We can't stay the night in the car." I said, "We are going to drive to the next town." He said, "We won't make it." I said, "We will make it. I have faith enough." He shrugged and headed back out to the main road. By this time we had circled around this small town several times and we weren't just low on gas we were empty. Nate drove on and on for what seemed like an eternity. I knew if we ran out of gas we were in the middle of no where, and we would be in trouble. I also know my Father-in-Heaven is a God of miracles. I have seen several in my life. Even knowing that, I couldn't look at the bright light warning us of the empty tank, I just had to gaze out the window and say over and over again, "Yeah, Lord I believe help my unbelief." After what seemed like another eternity we saw a cop up ahead. Nate flagged the cop down, pulled over and rolled down his window. He said, "Officer we are out of gas. Where is the nearest gas station." He said, "Right there." He point a second down the road. Relief washed over Nate's face. We made it. It was no small mircle, to us it might as well have been the feeding of the 5,000.

No comments: