Tuesday, January 11, 2011

HER FATHER's DAUGHTER

Sierra has been asking me every night before I leave her room to tell her a story about when I was little. I don't have a lot of strong memories from when I was a child. I used all those up rather quickly. One night I told her about the first time I saw her daddy. The first time I saw Nate he bore his testimony. He was sitting in the pew infront of us. He was wearing mis-matched socks. It was his little trademark back then. My sister was the first to notice his mismatched socks. I told her, "He is good looking." She said, "Yeah, but look at his socks." Nate dressed to the 9 back then, so his socks were really out of place. Well, a few days later she started mis-matching her socks. Then yesterday she exclaimed, "I am just like my Dad." I laughed, and thought that is why. I know... not too quick on the uptake.

No comments: