Sunday, January 30, 2011

I HAVE A TUMMY ACHE

Last night, I was laying next to Sierra and we were chatting. She said her tummy was hurting because she did something naughty (the pains of guilt). I asked her what she did. She said I don't want to tell because you will be mad. I told her as long as she told the truth I wouldn't be mad. Then she confessed while we were at the store the other day, a package of candy had split open and she snuck two out and ate one and threw the other piece on the ground. (the pains of guilt.)I said matter-of-factly, well that wasn't a good chose. She confessed it wasn't and slid under her covers and burst into tears.

I told her it would be okay. She just needed to say she was sorry, feel remorse, and pray for forgiviness. She said, she didn't want to because she was afraid Jesus would be mad at her. I told her Jesus already knew what she had done and he knew she felt sorry, and that he wouldn't be mad.

I thought the issue was behind us and then this afternoon she said during church her tummy kept hurting. I said, "Well maybe we haven't made it all the way right yet. Maybe, we should take some money from the tooth fairy and pay for what we took." She said, "I think that would make it right but I don't want to give away my money." Poor dear. I told her it was all her decision whatever she wanted to do. We will wait and see, but I have a feeling she will do the right thing.

No comments: