Monday, January 10, 2011

FROM ONE FOODIE TO ANOTHER

Aunt Caroline,

I don't have your e-mail address, so this will have to do. My Uncle has his own website chefbrad.com. You can go there for several free recipes. You can also join his pantry for videos and extra goodies, that does cost money. The pasta recipe pictured is a free recipe under pressure cooker recipes, click here. It is made in an electric pressure cooker. Throw everything in cook for 6 minutes and done. Do you have one? I think everyone should own one. It is like, as a Uncle Brad says, a slow cooker on steroids... my kind of kitchen gadget. They are sold at Costco for around $70.00. You can cook beans raw to done in 30 minutes. We had a bean soup yesterday for Sunday dinner that was fabulous. I threw the beans in raw with some seasonings, left over ham, celery, onion, parsley and left and it was cooked perfectly when I got home. Rice is done in 7 minutes. It is the best rice cooker I have ever owned and I have owned a few. You can throw anything in and walk away and it will release the pressure and keep it warm. Amazing gadget. It really makes me happy. Uncle Brad cooked Kamut in the pressure cooker for the salad pictured. Then he tossed in cucumbers, tomatoes, yellow, red and orange peppers, and green onions. Then he drizzled lemon olive oil and balsamic vinegar he bought here. Of course, salt and fresh ground pepper. Healthy and delish. Wasn't my wedding luncheon the best ever? He truly is an amazing chef.

Love you lots,

Your Favorite Niece Lisa

No comments: