Monday, January 17, 2011

TANGELED

I decided I couldn't take another full day at home with my children's creative energy, it always leads to at least two hours of clean up. I took them to see Tangled. We got there and found our seats and then Madison chose another seat right behind us, on a complete strangers lap. She must be missing her grandpa's because he seemed to fit the bill right then. She reached out her arms and he picked her right up and let her sit on his lap. She not only sat on his lap for at least fifty percent of the movie but she narrated the movie to him too. She would say, "Look at that. That's a horse. He'll be right back." She would either mimic a line of the movie, point at an animal, or draw attention to what was happening on the screen. She was loud and I couldn't shush her because she wasn't on my lap. Sierra slumped down in her chair and whispered in an embarrassed tone, "What is she doing? We don't even know him." Sadly, the other fifty percent of the movie wasn't spent sitting by us but on the seat next to him and she was every bit as vocal. I didn't know what to do because once she had her eye on the poor man, no amount of persuading could bring her back to me. It was unnerving and I kept looking over my shoulder to make sure she was behaving and that he was okay. However, I did love every second of the movie. I thought it was really sweet that during the saddest part of the movie Sierra cried. I had to help wipe her tears. I apologized profusely to the man as we left. He said, "It was absolutely my pleasure." I did get a little chocked up by his kindness. I guess we need more grandpa time.

No comments: