Saturday, March 12, 2011

THE BIG UGLY

I know catching up like this is abnoxious at best. Bear with me.

We arrived in Utah. Nate wanted to continue onto California. I was dragging my feet.

The thoughts of traveling 10 more hours in the car was mind numbing.

My mom volunteered to keep the girls, so Nate and I could have some time together alone. I think that was all I needed to hear. I grabbed my bags and headed out the door before she could change her mind.

Nate always tries to tell me the drive is shorter than it but it isn't short. It is torture. This is the view till you reach Califorina. (We both call it the BIG UGLY. It is like a never ending ocean of brown and scrubs.)

Often I would see a home, in the middle of no where, just off the highway. I could not help wondering, who lives in that home in the middle of no where? Where is their nearest neighbors? What do they do for fun? Where do they work? Why did they choose to live in the BIG UGLY? I just want to spend a day at their home, just to see what it is like.

We stopped in Reno for a burger. Don't you love In and Out? Yum. I really am such a hamburger and french fry girl.

My in-laws were kind and grateful to have us but couldn't help wondering why we left the best part in Utah. I am sorry Mom and Dad, maybe next time I will be braver.

No comments: