Wednesday, February 24, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.

Shandra was so sweet to come over to our house for dinner and celebrate her birthday with us, yesterday.
Jennifer and a sweet lady, who volunteers at Jennifer's school, worked so hard to make it a special day for Shandra. This lady went and put together a whole bag of decorations and party paraphernalia for Jennifer, so she could throw her mother a birthday party. All of the things in the bag were well thought out. You could tell she took time putting it all together. It was so sweet. Jennifer was so excited about the whole thing. It really did make her day to be able to do something kind for her mother. The most impressive thing is that it was a suprise and she kept the secret until her birthday. I could never have done that at six. I can't even do that at thirty.
Sierra had to go put on a dress up. She said, "Shandra will want me in a beautiful princesses dress for her birthday, huh mom." I thought it was cute that she thought Shandra would care about her attire at the party. You have to dress up for these sorts of things, don't you know.
I asked Brooklynn to smile for the camera. She rolled her eyes. I thought it was better than a smile.
Happy Birthday Shandra. May every year bring you more joy and happiness and I am sure with these two girls as your children, it will.

1 comment:

Caroline Craven said...

Such a cute post and what a wonderful teacher to inspire her student to do something beyond kind for her mother. I love that.