Monday, February 22, 2010

LEAVE ME ALONE

CC likes to tell MJ what to do. She likes to tell her what to play with, what not to play with, and how to play with it. If MJ goes somewhere CC doesn't want her to go, she will just pick her up and move her. One occasion I found CC on the floor holding MJ around the waist, while MJ was screaming and CC had a determined furrow across her brow. I inquired, "What is going on?" The response, "MJ was being naughty so I am putting her in a time out." Most the time they are best of friends but when they fight MJ exerts her will with these deafening screeches, which would send wolves cowering back to there caves, but not CC. CC will just keep on doing whatever irritates her. This picture was taken during one such moment.

2 comments:

Caroline Craven said...

I have to laugh at this, it reminds me of two certain girls in my family. Nicki is the oldest, determined and loves to be in control of all situations, even playing with Regan when they were younger. She was born that way and nothing we can do will ever change it, nor do we want to. It has served her well. Regan, on the other hand is more compliant, is completely happy being a follower, doesn't feel the need to control every situation, but can be silently stubborn. She has a breaking point and when you cross the line she lets you know. While I was mostly always happy to see Nicki working on her leadership skills, I was also very pleased when Regan would exert her voice of independence when the occasion required. And they are the best of friends. Their personalities seldom clash. Nicki doesn't always enjoy being around people with strong personality traits, while Regan hates to be forced to make decisions she would rather let someone else make. Their personalities often compliment each other. Does that sound like your girls? If so, you will both love and hate watching them grow up.

Lisa said...

Yes, that is my girls. It will be an exciting journey I am sure. Sigh. I usually let MJ stay up an extra hour at night, just to give her time to create and play, without a controling influnce. (AKA CC)