Thursday, May 5, 2011

CINCO DE MAYO


I know we aren't Hispanic, but I wish we were. I have this secret dream of speaking Spanish, Latin dancing, listening to Latin music, and having big family parties on the weekends.

Sadly, no matter how much I wish and dream it I will never be Hispanic, but once a year this pasty white gets her Hispanic on.

I and the girls made a pinata. We did the newspaper, flour thing two family home evenings ago and then we covered it with crepe paper last family night.

It turned out well, except the hanging mechanism failed. Sigh.

This little girl was excited all day. She planned a million activities. She layed every blanket we own out on the lawn and then piled library books on them. She said, her and her friends were going to read.

Then she hid pieces of scotch tape around the backyard and told me she was going to have her friends go and find the tape pieces. She had it all planned.

We had a great time. We ate Cafe' Rio styled food, and banana splits. We hit the pinata and the kids got enough candy to make themselves sick.

I got to love on Kadee's baby. He is the biggest chunk ever and makes me want to have a boy. Sigh.

I got to hang out with Bethany and Jake, he couldn't get enough of my pulled pork and was a good sport to join in when he didn't know anyone. Thanks Beth.

Jenn made cookies that were to die for and Becca came despite her busy schedule. Darcy and her hubby are important mostly because they make everyone feel welcome because they are hilarious and are easy to talk to.

We had a great time. The party ended when the sprinklers came on. Yes, the library books were still on the grass. They are currently drying out all over my kitchen table.

Happy Cinco de Mayo! 10 adults, 12 kids wasn't quite party enough for me.
Next year I am planning on doubling my guests, so anyone who reads this post and leaves a comment will get an invitation.

No comments: