Wednesday, May 11, 2011

HAPPY UNBIRTHDAY

Sierra had her un-birthday yesterday at school. She has been so concerned that the school year would end without her birthday being celebrated. I was bombarded with questions of how many days till my birthday and how many days till school is over.

I talked to her teacher. She said that on Sierra's next snack day we could celebrate her birthday. We brought the gorgeous cupcakes pictured below. Yes, they are as yummy as they look. Yes, I should open my own bakery. It is on my bucket list you know. I don't know if it will ever expand beyond the walls of my home or my customers will ever grow larger than my little family and a few neighbors and friends, but boy are they lucky.

This is a conversation I had with MJ this morning.

MJ: Mom, I need a bath.
Me: You had a bath yesterday. (Yes, I am one of those mother's that doesn't bath their kids everyday. If you ever bathed my children, you would know why.)
MJ: I am so dirt. I am disgusting.
Me: You are not.
MJ: Yes. Look at my check. (She grinned the cheesiest grin and pointed her cheek my direction.)

Hilarious. The recipe for the gorgeous cupcakes will be on my food blog. Enjoy!

No comments: