Wednesday, May 4, 2011

NIGHT of SERVICE


Yesterday, Nate was in charge of a Young Men's activity for church.

They were helping a widow clean her yard.

Nate brewed homemade root beer for the boys.

He invited I and the girls to come help pull weeds. Cindy, the widow, doesn't live far from us. I walked. MJ road in the stroller. Sierra road her bike.

The girls and I pulled a few weeds. Wow, my man can keep a crew of young men working, he didn't let them sit down for a minute. Those boys worked hard, he made sure of it and they didn't seem to mind because they are good boys, but they were rewarded heavily with as much sweet root beer as their belly's could hold.

The girls mostly swung on the swing. Sierra picked a few pulled weeds and carried them to the trash.

It was way pass the girls bed time and MJ was beginning to show signs.

We headed home.

This girl loves her bike. She got it high centered over a ditch and spun her wheels splattering water everywhere.

When she got home she found the sprinklers on and of course she had to run through them.

Then a quick change from sopping wet jeans to warm pajamas.

I got MJ to sleep while she hung out in the living room. When MJ was officially off to dream land, I came out and ran to store with Sierra. She didn't have school the next day and I needed a buddy.

We checked the redbox, after leaving the store, for Tangled. We have been checking casually for months. Guess what? It was there! Oh my, I love that show. I could watch it over and over again... and we have.

No comments: