Friday, April 2, 2010

FOOD GLORIOUS FOOD

Well, I wanted to take a quick cheap shopping trip. I had to go to Walmart across the river for a few things. The problem is Walmart doesn't have any fresh produce and even the produce at the Super Walmart a little ways further up the street is sad most days. Today, I picked up milk, eggs, and a few other things at the Walmart and then stopped off at a local fruit stand for some produce. It was really fun and really cheap. They said they trade produce with a fruit stand in Florida, so they are open year round. I bought an entire flat of Mango's for five dollars. They taste like sugar.
I bought a bucket of Russian cucumbers for two dollars and they are not going to last till tomorrow. I have been dipping them in ranch and devouring them.
This morning for breakfast Sierra wanted apple sauce and milk. A long time Craven family tradition. (She has a weird look on her face because she is in the middle of telling me about the bad dream she had last night.)
MJ wanted some too. MMMMMMMmmmmmmm.

2 comments:

Caroline Craven said...

Don't you love when you find the best fresh fruit! I can't wrap my head around the Craven applesauce and milk idea, just can't do it. That Craven tradition may die on this branch of the family tree.

Katrina said...

i haven't tried the applesauce and milk thing yet either. It made more sense to me when i saw how thick your applesauce was, but still..........:)